Raspberry Pi OS Image
Raspberry Pi OS Lite with pre-installed Web 2.0 Mash software
Many questions we receive regarding the Web 2.0 Mash software are actually general questions about GNU/Linux or Raspberry Pi OS (formerly Raspbian).
To minimize questions of this type in future we now provide a custom image with Web 2.0 Mash software preinstalled. Fortunately free software gives us the ability to do so.
It has been tested with Raspberry Pi Zero W, Raspberry Pi 3 and 4. The Raspberry Pi Zero W is completely sufficient.
- Based on the official RaspiOS image.
- Headless system without a graphical user interface.
- Serial console enabled.
- Readonly root-fs with remount on demand by Web 2.0 Mash.
Using this method it will be possible to power off the device by simply disconnecting the mains supply.
- Shortcut commands
rwto switch between ro- and rw- root-filesystem.
- Tested with all sensors and actuators supported by Web 2.0 Mash.
- Web 2.0 Mash software pre-installed.
- Secure-Shell Server enabled.
- Network configuration on FAT partition therefore also configurable using a Windows PC.
- No network interfaces enabled.
- Standard Raspbian credentials (please change password!).
- Copy the image file to SD card using
- the classic Unix way with dd:
dd if=theimage.img of=/dev/mmcblk0 status=progress
- Customise the
interfacesfile in the
networkdirectory on the FAT partition:
- WLAN enabled:
# uncomment to enable WLAN auto wlan0 # uncomment to enable wired Ethernet # auto eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp iface wlan0 inet manual wpa-driver wext wpa-roam /boot/network/wpa_roam.conf iface dhcpif inet dhcp
# uncomment to enable WLAN # auto wlan0 # uncomment to enable wired Ethernet allow-hotplug eth0 iface eth0 inet dhcp iface wlan0 inet manual wpa-driver wext wpa-roam /boot/network/wpa_roam.conf iface dhcpif inet dhcp
Generic image: 2021-05-10-Web20mash-lite.img.zip
(Default setting: 1-wire temp. sensor at GPIO4 via w1-gpio/owserver and USB-connected mains plug).